Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 7: Yogurt and Halo-halo

Summer is officially in the Philippines! And what else is left to do besides swimming and outing? Look for cold treats, of course! :)

Yogurts

I am a fan of frozen yogurt, which is already taking different brand names, presentation, etc in every place that you'll be. My personal favorite is White Hat, in Glorietta 4. Their plain yogurt tastes like real yogurt (because I like eating those fruit flavored ones) and not just like ice cream.

So I wondered what a plain unfrozen yogurt tastes. I bought a small pack (well, the photo below is a big pack) of Nestle Creamy Yogurt.


I got a teaspoon, opened the pack, got a small amount, tasted it and...

"WTF??"

It did NOT taste like frozen yogurt!

You know what it tasted like?

Yes. That plain yogurt tasted like the garlic sauce we usually put in our shawarma.

I remember that detail being told to me by our officemate Mark (Mirandilla), because they previously operated a Shawarma business, and the sauce they used was yogurt.

Now honestly, as of this writing, that pack of yogurt is not finished yet. And frankly, I am not quite sure how to finish it.

Halo-Halo

Me and my boyfriend we're craving for halo-halo last Sunday. I wanted to have one from Goldilocks, but since SM Bicutan is about to close already, we just went to Sieg's, Better Living, to try their halo-halo.

Their Halo-halo Special is at P95, with a scoop of ube ice cream, and halayang ube, macapuno, red mongo, banana for the halo. The ube ice cream that came with it tasted good. And because I do not eat red mongo much, I just scooped every bean out of my bowl and gave it to my boyfriend.

But what is still the best halo-halo for me?

Razon's.
Aside from the finely crushed ice, what I love about Razon's Halo-halo is the fact that all of the things that I hate in Halo-halo (beans, mongo, pinipig) are not included in their concoction. Hahahaha! And yes, siyempre sobrang sarap. 

Haaaay, Razon's Halo-halo. Kelan kaya kita matitikman ulit?

No comments:

Post a Comment