Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 6: Moments inside an FX and PDH

Going to work, I usually ride an FX/Van with an Ortigas route. Its first stop is at Pioneer street, Mandaluyong.



Last Friday, I was riding the van on my way to work. I was seated on the second row, second to the left window. I was not able to have a lot of sleep the night before so I was really asleep during the travel, until my seatmate (whom I know is not quite comfortable because she is seated between the large and small seats of the row without leaning her back), shouted at me inside the very quiet vehicle, saying, "Ate, pwedeng umayos ka????!!!?"

Well, that time, I just said, "Ay, sorry...", and just went back to sleep until I reached my destination.

But when I arrived here in the office, those early morning people saw me getting crappy first thing in the morning. Grabe lang! Kala mo kasi siya may-ari nung FX eh! Kung pahiyain ako sa harap ng iba! Pasalamat na lang siya na kalmado ako nun at hindi ako sumagot ng kung ano at baka kung ano pang eksena ang nangyari dun.

Ok, back to my calm self now.

Because of that incident, I had chest pains the whole day, because in addition to the stress that FX scene gave me, the stress of filing my ITR also came along (after realizing on the last minute that I am required to do so). Until my choir practice that night, I was already feeling uncomfortable to the point that I asked my boyfriend to accompany me to the nearest hospital, ParaƱaque Doctors Hospital.


Inside the emergency room, I was just calm. The nurses was a bit panicky when I told them I was complaining of chest pains. I lay down on one ER bed. They took my blood pressure, it was normal. They took my ECG, again, normal. I was not having difficulty breathing. So the doctors concluded that it may just be muscle pains.

It was my first time to have a needle struck my hand for dextrose and hemlock. I was really scared, even to the point of having excessive chills. Thanks to my boyfriend for keeping me company during that time. He was  telling me the latest "chismis" while the nurse was injecting my hand.  He kept me warm by his embrace when I was having those strong chills. (On cue: "Awwwwwww, sweet.." :) )

After around two hours, I was discharged (thank you for my health card!) and went home. 

The next day, we talked to my mom about the hospital incident and told her that I was in the ER last night because of my chest pains. Her reaction? "Nako, namana mo.."

She was pertaining to the kind of chest pains that she occasionally has. Her mother, my grandmother, had it too. Now I know what those pain relievers I am buying for her are for.

I am just worried now because just like what my mom said, this pain is recurring. The pain reliever prescribed for me is a bit expensive, P73 each. I might need to keep a few ones in case the pain triggers again.

Guys, let us take good care of our bodies. Getting sick is a definite waste of money.

1 comment:

  1. Correct sa panahon ngyon. Bawal magkasakit. at kung makasakit ka. IR!

    ReplyDelete