Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 4: Problems I had with my phone

I own a Samsung Omnia Pro B7320. With my eight months of usage, I did encounter some problems. The minor ones are, I cannot end a call (often happens when the cellphone signal is getting jammed/lost during a phone call), often losing network signal even on standby mode (I am not quite sure if it is just with the network provider and/or my location here in the office), and the microphone volume does not have an option to be a bit more loud because sometimes my friends who call cannot hear me or I really have to direct the mouthpiece to my mouth for them just to hear me.


Thankfully, I only encountered two major major technical problems. I am writing down below those things I experienced so if any of you owners of the same phone encounter the same, at least you will not panic like I did.

If your phone does not charge, and the light indicator is not green nor red (kinda more like yellow):
Cause: the battery is super super drained. On my case, I think this was caused because I tried surfing the internet by Wi-Fi with just one bar of battery, so it got so exhausted.
Fix: since the battery is super duper drained, it cannot generate even a bit of electricity to have itself charged by your specified charger. Go to any authorized Samsung repair shop (I went to Wellcom in Park Square 1, Makati) and have the battery charged by the technician using the, uh, voltmeter? Basta, the device used to create electrical charges. When the battery has enough electricity already, it can now charge on its own specified charger. I'm also thankful that the technician did not charge me any amount, though I just had to wait for more than 30 minutes to give enough time for my cellphone battery to generate power.
Note: according to the technicians, most or all of the Samsung batteries experience this kind of problem so I recommend not to super drain your Samsung devices. Charge it as soon as it indicates that it is already battery low.

If suddenly your phone does not ring, the alarm does not sound, you are not in silent mode and yet all the sounds seem to have gone, and you cannot even change your tones settings:
Cause: I am not quite too sure, but it has something to do with 'cached memory' something. Hahaha. Sorry, I really do not know.
Fix: Follow these instructions:
1.) Go to Start -> Applications -> File Explorer
2.) Navigate to:  (root directory)\Application Data\Volatile
3.) Inside the Volatile folder, you will find a lot of empty folders. Just delete all of them (press the shift button then scroll down to select all the folders, then delete). Do not be afraid to do so, it will not harm your system.
4.) Restart your phone.
Note: I actually found this fix somewhere on fixya.com. To whoever discovered the fix to this problem, thank you so much! You just saved me time, money and effort to have this fixed in a repair shop.

There you go. I hope this entry could be of help to my fellow Omnia Pro B7320 owners. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment