Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Personalized Pre-Cana seminar

Me and my fiance are very lucky to have received a personalized Pre-Cana seminar by no other than my future parents-in-law. I was not able to take down notes on that afternoon but here are some of the items that I can remember and I am writing it here so I can always go back to it.
  • Husband: Head of the family. The chief decision-maker, with the suggestion and support of the wife.
  • Wife: Supports the husband, and is mostly in-charge of home activities (such as household chores *ouch!*), but also with the support of the husband.
  • Married life is about teamwork.
  • Other people may give advice and counsel but in the end, it will all boil down to the two of you.
  • Most arguments are unresolved because it is being solved at two different view points, based from each one's upbringing. Both then should understand where the other comes from.
  • The universal rule to the wife: do not nag. *ouch!*
  • My future in-laws' personal advice: don't argue over money.
  • During an argument, when one has a hot head, the other one should be calm and cool enough to control the situation. Wag makipagsabayan ng init ng ulo dahil kung anu-ano lang ang pwedeng masabi. Wait until both are calm before discussing the issue at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment